History: Built in 1960 and operating until 1999
at Morecambe’s Pleasure Park, the ride was relocated
to Southport in 1999, where it opened in 2000
(renamed ‘King Solomon’s Mines’).
The ride is believed to have
been designed and built in-house by Morecambe
The 'National Historic
Marker' plaque on the ride at Southport incorrectly
stated that it was built in 1953.
The roller coaster uses
single-car trains on a track with very tight turns.
The cars' wheels are positioned closer to the rear
of the car than a traditional coaster. The front of
the car travels past the turn before changing
directions, giving the sensation that the car will
fall off the track.
length 1600 feet, height 40 feet, drop 33ft, speed
30mph, duration 1:10.
Importance: One of
only two surviving wooden wild mouse coasters left
in the UK, the other being the Wild Mouse at
Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
Latest: Now in
storage for use in the Heritage Park.
If you have any further
information on the history of this ride, please